Saturday, May 5, 2012

First Co-Wash...

It's officially been a week since I've had all my dead ends cut off & my last shampoo/conditioner combo. I decided to do my co-wash a week and a day later so that I can set my co-washes every Saturday (because it's the weekend and I'm not in school). Instead of washing my hair in the sink (which I used to do & is VERY bad), I decided to wash my hair in the shower so that my hair will less likely get tangled up. So I'm gonna stop the rambling and get on with what I did :)


1. I parted my hair into four sections and washed each section with Organix Hydrating Teatree Mint (see previous blog post). I made sure that I didn't "scrub" the product throughout my head, because that can cause hair to tangle up and you will lose more hair. Instead I ran my fingers throughout my hair and made sure that I rubbed it on my scalp (since my new growth is the main focus).

2. I combed each section and the my whole hair with a wide tooth comb like this: 

3. I put Olive Oil Deep Penetrating Conditioner all over my hair, put a a cap over my head & let it sit for about 50 minutes while I did stuff around the house. You can also leave this conditioner on your hair for 10-15 minutes if you sit under a hair dryer... it is also better to do it that way (so it gets to the root), but I was pressed for time and had other things that needed to be done around the house before work.

4. After letting the conditioner sit on my hair for 50 minutes, I hopped back in the shower to wash the product out of my hair and then proceeded to towel dried my hair.

SIDE NOTE: I would have put in a leave in conditioner, but I haven't found the right one just yet.

5. I put Olive Oil Moisturizer throughout my hair so that it would not get dry while I blow dried my hair (NOTE: I did not put heat directly on my hair, I held it about 10 inches away from my head and moved it around my hair until it was dry).

6. After blow drying my hair, I sectioned my hair off into four sections and put Garnier Fructis Flat Iron Perfecter throughout my hair so there would be no heat damage to my relaxed hair.

7. Next, I used my Bed Head flat iron to straighten ONLY my relaxed hair. I did not touch my new growth at all. I did not even get close to the point where the relaxed part started and the new growth ended.

8. After I was done, I put a a small amount of the Olive Oil Moisturizer throughout my hair so that it would not be dry.

DISCLAIMER: I know I said that I would do a roller set after I cut my hair short, but I have school next week & I did not want this Saturday to be the day that I experimented with doing a roller set by myself. I will save that for another time. While my new growth is still less than an inch, I will flat iron, but once I see more growth I WILL have to start using roller sets as a transitioning hairstyle. As long as I'm using a heat protector and making sure I moisturize my hair daily, I know that I will not ruin my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment